Note from Pearl’s Leadership:
Taking responsibility for the welfare of others is one of Pearl’s core company values. We’ve expressed this responsibility explicitly in terms of mitigating climate change impacts and improving the health of our nation’s homes, but the concern and compassion we manifest extends well beyond those two areas of focus.
Given the very real effects COVID-19 has had on the construction, real estate, and home improvement industries, Pearl is committed to providing actionable information to help contractors, builders, real estate agents, and homeowners through these times. Pearl is uniquely positioned to make available curated information as a one-stop-shop for industry news and updates. Please feel free to link this page to your website, email and text messaging outreach.
Our community is strong, together. Join us.
Preparation and Prevention
- CDC: How to Prepare
- CDC: What to do if you are sick
- NYT: Preparing for COVID-19
- USA Today: How to Slow the Spread with Hand-Washing and Social Distancing
- NYT: What are the Symptoms, and other FAQs
- NPR: What to do if you Feel Sick
- VOX: How to Prepare (but not Panic)
- Medium: How to Stay Sane During Coronavirus
- NCI: COVID-19 and Your Business: Fight or Flight?
- HVAC School: Contractors Guide to Covid-19
- EEC Accredited Center, Distance Learning Academy
- Employer Guidance During COVID-19, Resources for Business Owners
- RESNET COVID-19 Updates
- HVAC and COVID19: An Education on the Indoor Air/Virus Relationship by RetroTech
- NYSERDA Guidance for Contractors and Site Visits
- Video: Industry Best Practices for Managing COVID-19 Disruption
- ACCA Resources to Help Address Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- NAHB: Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
- ABC: coronavirus
- ACG: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ASHREA: COVID-19: Resources Available to Address Concerns
Real Estate Agent Resources
- Energy Security: Keeping Your Family Secure in a Time of Crisis
- How USPS is dealing with the Coronavirus
- 7 Ways to Flu-Proof your Home
- Information is Beautiful – Coronavirus Data
- Improving Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality For Babies and Children
- Safe Solar Installations Continue
- How I’m coping with coronavirus anxiety—by organizing my home
- Free fitness classes online to do at home
Going Virtual - How to Work From Home Successfully
- VUCA Resources: Strategy for Steady Leadership, HBR
- Making Virtual Teams Work: Ten Basic Principles
- Craig Groeshels Positive Affirmations to help train our thoughts
- Forbes: 9 Tips to Be Productive At Home During Covid 19
- The Verge – Productivity tips
- PC Mag – 20 Tips to work from home effectively
- How to Sell Solar Remotely During Social Distancing
- The 6 Best Free Video Conferencing Apps
- The Best Video Conferencing Software for 2020
Webinar & Virtual Events
Our friends at PV Magazine are hosting a webinar on Tuesday, March 24th about how to sell solar remotely. Unforeseen circumstances and current events may force you to sell solar remotely for the next few months. Like most solar companies, you may currently rely on meeting your customers in-person, and you may be wondering how to transition to a remote process in the era of social distancing. https://www.pv-magazine.com/webinars/how-to-sell-solar-remotely-in-the-era-of-social-distancing/
EGIA Contractor University: New Weekly Virtual Training Sessions
As part of EGIA’s Navigating Turbulent Times training series, EGIA members will have access to a handful of new virtual training sessions conducted by EGIA Contractor University faculty members. These recorded sessions will be available on-demand and will touch on all of the essential functions of your company with a focus on how you can be adapting your business practices in each area to succeed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The first batch of virtual training sessions will be available on Monday, March 30th inside the EGIA member dashboard. Listed below is the schedule for the first 4 weeks of the virtual training sessions for EGIA members.
National Home Performance Virtual Conference | 2020
As you know, BPA annouced last week that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, they made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person 2020 National Home Performance Conference & Trade Show, set to take place April 27–30, in New Orleans. At that time, they also indicated that we were exploring ways to share the timely educational content from presenters who’ve been working hard on this event over the past year.
BPA is excited to announce the National Home Performance Virtual Conference. As they move NHPC20 completely online, they are offering you the same innovative and timely content from presenters, impactful networking with industry peers, and the space to connect with sponsors and exhibitors from across the country.
The virtual conference will include regular offerings, including both live and recorded sessions, interactive Q&As with presenters and “office hour” interactions, town hall-style meetings, virtual happy hour and informal “chat” sessions, and discussion forums.
In addition to participating in the live events, all attendees will have access to on-demand recordings as well as the ability to earn CEUs – with no maximum limit!
The Pearl Partner Wellness Pledge
Pearl Partners abide by high standards and are diligent in their commitment to quality. In these uncertain times, we believe that it’s even more important that homeowners know about the exceptional value our Partners provide.
To that end, we are swiftly rolling out new tools for Network members:
- Official Pearl Partner Wellness Pledge
- Customized Email Templates
- New partner toolkit: “Caring for Customers in an Uncertain Time: A Toolkit For Contractors During Coronavirus Outbreak”
- Links to trainings/webinars to help you deal with this crisis
- Blogs and other helpful content by Pearl’s subject matter experts on topics like remote work tips, communication tools, special marketing messaging, and business practices.
- A forum for Pearl Network members to share success strategies in this unique environment.