Important Note: Pearl Home Asset Inventory and Certification is currently only available in the following states:
- New York
- District of Columbia
Important Note: Pearl highly recommends that you take the pre-qualification survey before purchasing this Home Asset Inventory to determine if your home is a likely candidate for a certification tier unless you know that you’d like a Home Asset Inventory regardless of tier qualification.
Pearl Certification sends a qualified building science specialist to your home and collects information about the high-performing assets in your home. This process will take approximately one hour in the home, and includes testing the air tightness with a blower door. The building science specialist then enters the data about those assets into our system and generates a Pearl score. Depending on the score, your home may earn a Silver, Gold, or Platinum certification tier. Even if it doesn’t reach the Silver certification level, we will still certify the high-performing assets in your home. Upon completion and review of your home in our system, we will issue a Pearl Certification package including marketing materials for your home. This package includes:
- Pearl Certificate
- Pearl Certification Report
- One-page Home Highlights
- Home Tour cards to place around the home and draw attention to the high-performing features
- A social media package for communicating about the home
- Letters for the buyer, lender, and appraiser to help them understand the value of the home
- A completed Green and Energy Efficiency Addendum from the Appraisal Institute to help your appraiser value the home appropriately
- A report describing which Green Fields should be completed in your local MLS†
All of this information is tailored to your specific home and the assets contained within. A Pearl Certification can increase the value of your home by 4%. Don’t fail to claim the thousands of dollars of value locked in your home by failing to get a Pearl Certification!
† Currently only available for MRIS and CAAR