Agents are experts in their local community. The best agents know intimate details about neighborhoods, local amenities, school districts, and housing characteristics like common floor plans. While they don’t need to be an expert in everything, they take pride in knowing their local market, keeping up to date on emerging trends, and being a trusted source of information for their buyers and sellers.
Here are 3 facts about your local market and how it relates to one of the largest trends in the real estate industry, the growth in the number of high-performing homes.
Fact 1: Phoenix is a national leader in building high-performing homes, and has been for nearly two decades.
- Phoenix led the nation in adoption of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. For nearly 2 decades, a significant percentage of builders in Phoenix have been building to a higher standard.
- Arizona has the highest percentage of ENERGY STAR Certified homes in the country. In 2017 alone, more than 16,000 homes were built to the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes standards, representing over 60% of homes built. And that’s an undercount. Some builders have also built to a higher standard, but may have participated in other green building programs.
Fact 2: APS has one of the most successful suite of rebate programs in the country. Homes of any age may have had significant investments made by your sellers, within or outside of a rebate programs.
- APS has improved tens of thousands of existing homes through its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program and through its AC rebate program.
- These improvement projects can represent thousands or tens of thousands of dollars of improvements AND can offer significant value to buyers in the form of comfort, indoor air quality, and energy savings.
Fact 3: Buyers are looking for these high-performing home features.
- Buyers want energy efficient, healthy homes, and survey after survey shows they’ll pay more for them – but only if they have reliable, investment-grade information about the home’s features.
- A 2017 report by an independent team of nationally recognized appraisers found that Pearl Certified homes in Virginia sold for prices that were on average 5 percent more than the prices of comparable, non-certified homes.
On your next listing appointment, there’s a significant chance that your seller has a home with features that buyers are looking for. What’s your role, and what is your competition doing?
Get started as a Pearl Partner Agent today – sell quicker and for more money! Click here.