Certified homes are worth more
Studies prove it!
Home Performance Features Increase Value
Studies show third party certified energy efficient homes sell at a price premium – on average 4% more nationally. Pearl can help you access that premium.
Was your new home built to be more energy efficient?
If you own an existing home, does it have ENERGY STAR appliances? Have you installed a high efficiency water heater, or heating or cooling equipment? Added insulation? Replaced old windows? Any of these projects (and more) can add value.
Like a Carfax for homes, a Pearl certification report can help you capture the value from home upgrade investments for refinance or resale.
Surveys by the National Association of Realtors found that energy efficiency is one of the top 10 remodeling trends and top five most desired features when buying a home.
Pearl will help you document value to get the price your home deserves – our certification report includes the Green and Energy Efficient Appraisal Addendum. This official form created by the Appraisal Institute supplements other documentation an appraiser uses to assign value to your home.
If you’ve built to higher standards or upgraded during ownership, you’re going to need it when you sell or refinance.
Want a Better Return on Your Home Investment?
The National Association of Home Builders found that nine out of ten buyers would rather purchase a home with energy-efficient features, and would be willing to pay more for it.
You can certify your existing home’s energy efficient features by working with a Pearl-Approved certifying contractor.
You can also take our free online survey to see if your home pre-qualifies for certification before scheduling a contractor visit.
Read about certified homes and added value:
- Redfin: Green Homes Sell for More
- Inman: Power of Renewables and Energy Efficiency in Real Estate
- Washington Post: The value of third party certification
- Increased certified home value in What is Green Worth? – a D.C. residential market study
- Los Angeles Times: Energy efficient homes sell faster, worth more
- Energy.gov: Buyers find more value in certified homes
- Washington Post: Certification is Good for Home Resale
- NC Energy Efficiency Alliance: Certified efficient homes sell for more in North Carolina