Make the value of your work visible.
A transformative system for elite contractors.
What is the Contractor Advantage?
Bring new value to your customers
- Pearl Certification Reports
- Completed Appraisal Institute Addenda
- Pearl marketing tips and resources
Stand out from the competition
- The Pearl Advantage Referral Network
- Top 5% of all US residential contractors
- Sleek co-branded collateral
Pearl Platinum is a feather in our cap. Homeowners are looking for that kind of marketing potential. They’ll showcase their home to their neighbors to say, look at what you can do to your house, too.
Pearl filled the void we were seeing in the market. Finally something that bridges the gap between real estate and the home performance industry. We know this is good for the house and makes it more desirable, but we had no way to communicate that until Pearl. Now, we’re not just closing with Pearl, we’re opening the door with Pearl.
Pearl Certification gives us the confidence to make the statement with more assurance that the homeowner will have an easier time selling their house, that they will likely sell the house more rapidly, and it will be on the market for less days.
Superior Customer Service
An average 4-star ratings on major social media/review sites (Google, Yelp, Angie’s List and prominent local review sites)
- A Better Business Bureau history with no unresolved complaints or red-flag issues
A written customer dispute resolution process
A strategy to proactively seek customer feedback
Business Best Practices
- All licences required to practice their trade(s) in the jurisdictions where the firm conducts business
Internal processes to ensure that all work is properly permitted
Demonstrated success working with other organizations
Demonstrated Success at Growth
CRM (customer relationship management) software used to manage customer accounts
$2 million annual revenue for insulation companies, $5 million annual revenue for HVAC contractors
Organizational Commitment to Quality
- Commitment to support workforce through regularly scheduled sales and safety meetings
- Offering continuous education opportunities (conferences, certificates, classes, trainings)
Certifications to Ensure Installation of High-Quality, High- Performance Work
Installation: HPIP + BPI BSP and/or Applicable BPI certs (Envelope, Retrofit Installer Technician, Building Analyst)
- Air sealing: BPI Certs (Energy Auditor, Retrofit Installer Technician, Building Analyst)
HVAC installation of equipment: Applicable NATE, BPI, an/or NCI certifications
- Windows: AAMA Certified
- HVAC verification quality installation: Applicable BPI, NCI, and NATE certifications, and/or firm participation in ACCA’s QA program and/or use of NCI’s ComfortMaxx or similar Pearl-approved expert system
Distribution sealing, design, and modification: Applicable BPI, NCI, and NATE certifications, and/or firm participation in ACCA’s QA program and/or use of NCI’s ComfortMaxx or similar Pearl- approved expert system
- Water heating: Licensure by state AHJ
- Energy management / smart devices: “Smart on Smart” badge
Indoor air quality / ASHRAE 62.2 installation of spot and whole- home ventilation: Applicable electrical license and appropriate BPI, NCI an/or NATE certification and/or firm participation in ACCA’s QA program
PV Systems: NABCEP Certification
The ELITE Pearl Contractor Network
Pearl only accepts a small number of elite contractors – contractors with a record of high quality work and customer service – into our network. We’re looking for the top 5% of contractors in the U.S.: the contractors who are doing high-quality work, and who want a bigger share of the market.
Find out more about the Pearl Advantage Network
401 E. Water St. Ste 2
Charlottesville, VA 22902
If you are having trouble accessing the content on this website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2019 Pearl National Home Certification